Monday, February 16, 2009

Aloha, The Best Band You've Never Heard Of



Let me just say this right away: This is my favorite band, and you've never heard of them. I heard their albums Here Comes Everyone and Sugar on a whim and instantly fell in love. So I went out and bought the rest of their discography and had no regrets. I can honestly say I haven't found any bad songs. To me, none of them feel like filler.

Probably the most notable portion of their line-up is the use of the vibraphone as one of the main instruments. The sound is something in between Radiohead and The Police. It's experimental yet poppy. There's never a dull moment.

I'll post an interview with Cale Parks (drummer) and possibly Toni Cavallario (singer) soon to get a more in-depth look at the group. I can't think of anyone else to say other than to start with the album Sugar.

To here a sample of some of their songs (including an unreleased track), head here:
http://daytrotter.com/daytrotterSessions/756/free-songs-aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment